Respiratory and Inpatient Dialysis Services
Henderson Hospital has comprehensive respiratory and inpatient dialysis services.
Our respiratory diagnosis and treatment services include:
- Adult mechanical ventilation - a tube is inserted through the mouth down into the trachea (large airway), often in emergency situations.
- Pediatric and neonatal mechanical ventilation - physicians with special expertise in children and infants insert a tube into the child's airway, often in emergency situations.
- Oxygen therapy - supplemental oxygen delivered due to illness.
- Pulse oximetry monitoring - an external sensor that measures oxygen levels in blood.
- Noninvasive positive pressure ventilation - ventilation that is delivered through an oxygen mask, rather than through an inserted tube.
Dialysis is a way to remove waste, salt and water from the body when the kidneys are not working properly. Henderson Hospital has inpatient dialysis services. This is needed for people who develop end stage kidney failure; this means they have lost about 85 to 90 percent of their kidney function. Although kidney dialysis is usually needed for life, or until a kidney transplant can be performed, in some cases it is needed only temporarily. Talk to your doctor about your individual situation.
Find a Doctor
To find a doctor who is affiliated with Henderson Hospital, contact our free physician referral service at 702-388-4888.