Inpatient Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapy
Henderson Hospital offers physical, speech and occupational therapy to inpatients who may require therapy for conditions that include:
- Stroke and other neurological conditions
- Orthopedic conditions, including sports injuries
- Chronic pain
- Pulmonary and cardiac conditions
- Lymphedema (fluid build-up)
- Neuromuscular disease
What We Offer
Our services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neuromuscular conditions.
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions.
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neurological deficits following a stroke.
- Strengthening and instruction in functional activities for patients recovering from acute medical problems, trauma and surgical procedures.
- Evaluation, treatment and education of patients with pulmonary problems.
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with chronic pain.
- Education on back care, body mechanics, posture evaluation and correction.
- Assessment and management of lymphedema (fluid retention).
- Post-op therapy for patients who have had joint replacement procedures.
Speech and Language Therapy
Among the disorders treated by Henderson Hospital speech and language pathologists include:
- Aphasia — difficulty speaking or understanding speech
- Apraxia — difficulty forming words due to motor condition
- Dysarthria — unclear articulation
- Dysphagia — difficulty swallowing
- Voice disorders — caused by nodules, polyps or sores
- Laryngectomy — total or partial voice box removal
- Glossectomy — surgical removal of part or all of the tongue
- Cognitive disorders — amnesia, dementia, delirium, etc.
Find a Doctor
To obtain a referral to a doctor who practices at Henderson Hospital, contact our free physician referral service at 702-388-4888.